Thursday, May 28, 2009

The babies at 18 weeks

This is a few weeks behind but I am sure you understand! We had our last checkup at 18 weeks (I am now almost at 21). At this ultrasound they looked for all vital organs, etc. and all three babies are doing well! They are also in the 97%ile for weight which is good and bad. Good that they are all healthy bad that they may get too big to carry to a good developmental age. We are setting our target date at 32 weeks and anything over that is a bonus. Norah Caroline is "baby A"; Shelby Elizabeth is "baby C" and our little boy is "baby B". Baby boy has no name because Tom and I can't agree on one yet. I am considering using the "I am the one carrying and birthing this baby so I get to pick the name" card but we'll see.
When you look at the pictures, Shelby looks a little "alien-like" because she kept looking right at the camera. You can see a little grin if you look close:)

While I know all three are kicking based on the sonogram, I really only feel Norah and Baby Boy right now. They kick often and sometimes a little too hard! Shelby is more relaxed at this point so maybe she will be our mellow sleeper!

I am still feeling pretty good considering the heat and how big I am getting. I have some ankle swelling that pretty much stays all the time. I also cannot get comfy so sleeping is more of a chore than a pleasure. But, I am thankful to still be working (need the paycheck) and thankful that all three are doing well. Not sure when or if I will be on bed rest but will definitely be working less this summer than usual.

I plan to keep this updated more while I am home but don't expect too much once they arrive:)

In this picture, Norah is on top, Baby Boy in the middle and Shelby on the bottom

1 comment:

Kyetra said...

Love, love, love the girl names you have chosen. They are beautiful! Can't wait to see what you have for the boy. Boy names are harder though. We had lots of girl names and only one for a boy.
It's such a blessing that all are doing well. Can't wait to see them out in the world!