Monday, September 22, 2008

Bad Mommy!!

Well, I have earned the bad mommy of the year award (again!). Last Sunday, Emily fell off my parents bed and hurt her arm. They called me to let me know and we all determined that there was no swelling and it didn't look injured. So, we decided to watch it. Well, the little munchkin has used it for playdoh, marker, scissors, and generally playing too. She only cried if you held her wrist too tight (like helping her in and out of the tub). Well, last night I was helping into the tub and she started SCREAMING and holding her arm. I thought "all I did was hold her wrist". Well, Tom and I decided that a trip to Med Center South might be in order "Just to be sure"... and it was broken. Doesn't look like a bad break, more like a crack, which is why it didn't swell. She LOVES her new bandaid and will go to the Orthopedic Doctor this week to look at it again. My brave little girl has survived the mommy words of "oh, it will be better soon!" Of course, when the doctor asked her if she wanted a princess bandaid-I think her look said it all. She got batman and spiderman (that's my princess!)




No comments: