Emily had her school picture made at the end of October. She picked out her outfit all by herself (I was very impressed). Emily also had her 3 year checkup at the end of October. She is growing on schedule (38 inches tall and 33 lbs). She is having some digestive issues so we are taking her to a pediatric GI to see what we can do to help her out. Today she had to have a barium X-ray. This is a test that required her to drink this "lovely" chalky liquid while they watched on a flouroscopy machine. She was NOT happy about this and cried most of the time. As long as she was off the table, she was happy (as you can see in the picture). They will let us know the results when we visit the doctor in B'ham next week. The radiologist said that he didn't see any major issues so that is a relief. We are leaning toward a dairy allergy but we'll see! Prior to going to the doctor today, Emily got Strep throat. We were in Birmingham to meet my parents on Sunday and she randomly vomited on 3 occasions. Thinking it was reflux (there was no fever and she was acting normal) we proceeded with our day. On the way home, I called the doctor to see if we should go in to the after hours clinic and she agreed that would be a good idea. By the time we left, she had a fever of 102! By the next morning, she was back to normal and had a blast during her "sick day" at home with mom!
Well, that is pretty much how we have been spending the last few weeks-doctor appointments and regular life. Hopefully the posts will be more fun through the Holidays


After the X-ray (and tears) with Dino
2 comments:
Poor thing! I hope she is feeling better soon!
I love the school picture. She did a very good job picking out her outfit! Too cute!
I love the school picture. She did great with her outfit!
Bless her heart! I hope that everything has am easy fix and that she is all better soon.
Post a Comment