Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!

What a fun Halloween season we had this year! Emily was really into the holiday which made it a lot of fun getting ready for the big day. We started out letting her decorate a little pumpkin with one of those Mr. Potato Head decorating kits



She wanted to be Handy Manny for Halloween but we compromised with her being a doctor. She soon couldn't wait to be a doctor and we talked about it daily. I did let her have a Handy Manny costume to wear around the house, which she did-for 3 days and nights! She loves her tool set and fixing things around the house







Once she had on her doctor costume she had to take care of everybody. She checked on mommy and daddy, puppy and kitty cat. She is so compassionate that the doctor costume fit her perfect (she is also so used to seeing doctors lately, that she really wants to be one!)










We traded all of her candy in to "The Great Pumpkin" who brought her a wonderful new Go Diego game for the Wii. She did get to eat one piece before she "put it out for the Great Pumpkin". We actually just gave it away to the trick or treaters that came later in the evening. She had no idea she was passing out her own candy!!



2 comments:

Kyetra said...

Too cute! I love "The Great Pumpkin" idea. I may have to steal that when Taft gets older. You're so smart!

Kendra said...

To echo Kyetra, I love the Great Pumpkin idea! What a fabulous idea! :o) I, too, will probably steal that idea once Hallie's a little older. This year was OK b/c we didn't do traditional trick-or-treating, so she didn't get much candy that she couldn't eat. She loves Dum-Dums! HA!

I love the Handy Manny outfit...but the doctor costume is priceless. The picture of Em with her hands in her pockets is precious! She looks like a real doctor! :o)