Saturday, February 21, 2009

Not twins-TRIPLETS!

Well, we were definitely shocked to find out that we had a stowaway and are actually expecting triplets! I went to the ultrasound on Friday while Tom stayed home with Emily who was sick. As the screen came on, I immediately noticed a third sac. The nurse quickly turned the screen and asked "how many sacs did we see last week?" I said "two, but I just saw three so turn it back". There it was, clear as day, a third little heartbeat below the other two! Last week, that spot looked like nothing more than a stream of fluid but now it is definitely a baby! All 3 babies are measuring the same size which is a great sign that they are all healthy. I called Tom during the ultrasound and after telling me that I was "full of it" I let him talk to the nurse via speaker phone who confirmed it. Needless to say, we were both in shock and unsure what to say. I then called my mom who tried to comfort me but we could both tell we were scared to death. So, that is how we discovered that we were going from a family of 3 to a family of 6!

I believe I am most scared for my health and the health of the babies. I know that I can do anything with God on my side. Someone said "God will not give you more than you can handle" but I wish He didn't trust me so much! Please pray that all goes well and that we are able to accept God's plan for our lives with joy. It is taking some time to set in but we have a long way to go. Thank you all for your support throughout this process.

LOVE YOU ALL!

4 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh my goodness, Casey! Congratulations again! Wow...I know you are scared to pieces, but it is SO true--God knows you are going to be the best mommy for these babies and chose you and Tom as parents! He always knows what He's doing! Thank goodness, b/c we all rarely do! ;o)

Love you! Can't wait to walk the journey with you (via blog, that is...I hope there aren't triplets in my future!). ;o)

Scroggins Family said...

Thanks girl! I need some friends to journey with-wish you all lived down the street!

Farrah said...

I am so happy for you. I know that you are feeling overwhelmed, but you are such a good mom to Emily God blessed you three fold. :) I am praying for you and if there is anything that I can do let me know. If we were not having a little one too I would send some of my baby stuff to you. If you are having a boy or boys I can send some clothes and bibs your way.

Love ya,Farrah, Billy, and Bo

Kyetra said...

I'm so excited for you and scared too. I know that finding out there are multiples would be a scary thing. You care right though. God trusts you with you this, he knows that you can handle it and these little ones are a gift to you and your family.
I too am looking forward to the journey but wish that all of us lived closer together. I can think of so many things that I would like to do to help out if only we were closer.
I love you and will pray for you, Tom, Emily, and all those little ones.