Thursday, October 16, 2008

No more cast! (we hope)

Emily's cast finally came off today. She was a little sad to have it go and began asking if she could have another one. The doctor came in to look at the new X-rays and said "it is healing nicely". Yep, that's right "healing" not "healed". He would typically put a splint on for a week but they apparently don't make them in a size "small kid" (maybe that is the invention I need to work on) He said that it was "probably" as strong as when she broke it (not very strong, right?) and to try to keep her calm for a week!!! Does he not know anything about kids? I mean, she already broke it once being rambunctious-not too hard to do it again. Anyway, she has now fallen at least 3 times and caught herself with that arm so I have this gut feeling that it is just a matter of time before she gets that other cast=) Please say a prayer that it completely heals before she decides to take another dive off the furniture!

Anyway, she is currently in the tub soaking as that arm REALLY stinks. I have scrubbed with a little sugar scrub to try to get the smell off and it is slowly working although still smells a little moldy (yuck!)

On Tuesday, we are taking her to Children's Hospital in B'ham for a visit with the allergy/asthma center. She has had a rough Fall Season with her asthma after not having any problems since we visited the ER last December. I hope they can come up with a better plan than giving her a nightly dose of steroid through a nebulizer as this keeps her up and running.

No pictures for now as her arm just looks like it did pre-cast. I'll let everyone know if we get that blue one she is asking for....

No comments: