We found out in late January that I was pregnant but really didn't suspect twins. Then the doctor did some bloodwork and the numbers were really high which is indicative of twins. So, three LONG days later, an ultrasound was done and 2 embryonic sacs were found. We were told that it was too early to tell if there were twins, or more or less. We would have to wait at least another week to see heartbeats. So, on Friday the 13th (I know, what was I thinking), we went in to see two strong little heartbeats-Fraternal twins. Now, we just have to wait a few months to find out if they are boys or girls. Emily has already insisted that God is going to send her a brother one day so we are praying for at least one boy! When Emily saw the first pictures, she said "is that me in your tummy". She has asked a lot about her ultrasound picture that we have in her room but I never thought about her figuring this out. I just simply said no and she said "oh" but it looks like you have letters in your tummy (where they labeled the sacs A and B!) I just grinned and said "yep, looks like the alphabet" and she went on her way! Gotta love kids. Here are some pics from the first ultrasound where you can clearly see two little sacs with a little "grain of rice" in each.
3 comments:
Mason and Madison, eh? ;o) Out of the mouths of babes...and for over a year now she's been saying this. I can't wait to find out if you're having a boy AND a girl...something Miss Priss may have known long before Mommy or Daddy. :o) She is going to be such a great big sister!
How absolutely hilarious that she said there was the alphabet in your tummy! LOL! At least it was only A and B and not A, B, C, D, E, F or G!!! :o)
Praying for you along this journey friend. And I agree...you MUST update more often. :o)
Love you!
I promise to do my best with the updates! I have been sick-morning, noon and night- and then got a sinus infection to go along with it. Em has been sick too so pics of her include a runny nose!
If I had more than A and B in there, I probably would have passed out!
With the morning sickness we can all let you off the hook for the slower updates. Just wait until the twins get here! I bet we won't even see an update. =)
I still can't believe it but I am so happy for you guys. I too can't wait to see what you are having.
Congrats again!!
Post a Comment