Sunday, May 17, 2009
Happy 4th Birthday Emily!
Emily will not be officially 4 until July 27-but don't tell her that:) We decided that we should celebrate early due to the possibility of bed rest for me by the time her birthday rolls around. She has no concept of time and thinks she is now 4-I mean, doesn't a birthday party mean a year older? She decided this year that she wanted to have a John Deere theme for her birthday. No girly bones in her body. We scheduled the birthday party at a local petting farm. The weather was sunny all week until the time of the party. It rained hard for about an hour, just enough to get it steamy and muddy outside. During the rain, we ate cake and snacks and then had some time inside the bard to hold some of the baby animals. Wwhen the rain stopped, the kids fed the bigger animals, rode a pony, fed the ducks and took a boat ride. While we cleaned up the party supplies, they all played in a wet sandbox and on a lovely wet and muddy playground-a child's dream day! Despite the mud, we all had a great time at the Barnyard. After the party, we came back to the house to open gifts and then had a second mini party with Aunt Patty, Uncle Steve, GG and baby Brody! We had so much fun with everyone. Emily was so tired this morning that she slept in until 9:30! That never happens and of course I worried she was sick. Nope, just really sleepy. I still can't believe my baby is 4 (well, almost!). This is a little heavy on the pictures but I have had a lot of requests for pics so here you go:)



















Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that you had the party early and that she doesn't even know. When do you get a sense of time? The theme turned out great. I bet that Shelby or Norah, or both, will be extra girly.
Post a Comment