Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Birthday America

Happy Independence day everyone! Thanks to the sacrifice of our American Soldiers we have the privilege to celebrate this special day! Our neighborhood had a gathering at our common area. We loaded up the wagon and pulled Emily around to it with all the stuff necessary for a cookout (only 2 hours but long for a 3 year old). I must mention that my little girl seems to love superheros (spider man, bat man, etc). In one of her books, it mentions Captain America. So, when we told her we were celebrating America's birthday she so cutely asked "will Spiderman be at Captain America's birthday?" I laughed on the inside and then as all good mommies do, I lied and said "he has to take a nap so he won't be able to come!" That seemed to work and she had a good time blowing bubbles and playing basketball! Maybe I will try to explain again next year=)





No comments: