Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our 3 (going on 20) year old

Happy Birthday Emily! While I don't have any new pictures from today, I will share a little about our 3 year old! Hard to believe that 3 years ago today she was born. She has changed so much and filled us with so much joy in that short time. However, her growth has made her very verbal and she states her opinions often. Just a couple of examples....

She was at my parents' house all week and upon her return asked "where are my presents". Apparently, she thinks she needs another birthday party-every weekend!

This morning getting ready for church, I asked my "sweet" baby to pick her pjs up off the floor. She politely turned and said "No, you do it" and walked off. I think Tom was in the other room waiting for the shoe to drop (and giggling at her sassy self) when I politely replied "spanking?" She quickly returned to pick them up. I know it is only the start of many little battles but I plan to win them now before the big war of teenage girl hits (I really hope she is not a lot like me!) She is a VERY independent little girl who knows what she wants and when she wants it. I just hope I am doing good explaining why she can't always have it=) Gotta start now before she wants that new car!


I hope to take some more pictures soon and will post again later.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Oh my goodness. She is hilarious! And oh-so-sassy! LOL! I don't have to say anything b/c I think I'm going to hear "No, you do it" in a couple of years myself. Oh dear!

Hugs!!