Sunday, April 5, 2009

St. Jude Trike a Thon

Emily's preschool participated in a trike-a-thon for St. Jude Hospital. The 3 and 4 year olds got donations and pledges and then rode their bikes around a loop to earn money. Emily was SO excited to take her new big girl bike to school on Friday and ride with her friends. Unfortunately, the weather was windy and cold and they only got to ride for a bit but they still had fun. Emily's tires are hard plastic (what happened to rubber?) so they kept spinning on the concrete. It was so funny to see her pedaling away and not moving at all. Thankfully, several parents were there to help all the little ones get up the little hill and continue around the circle. Tom and I got some practice with multiple kids by being there to help get everyone in jackets, helmets, and in line to ride. Then we helped pass out water (not that it was hot!) and help them around the course. So, I didn't get a ton of good pictures since I was helping but had a blast watching them ride





1 comment:

Kyetra said...

I love all the little kiddies in a line on their bikes. Too cute!